Reports to: Forman
We are looking for a mechanically inclined and hard working Sheet Metal Apprentice + Journeyman who is looking to grow in their career! This role would be working on residential multifamily projects and custom homes for installation of high-end HVAC system. Our team specializes in new construction
Who we are...
Pronex is an Air Systems company that specializes in heating, ventilation, air condition and refrigeration. We recently joined the Tap Roots Plumbing and Heating family and are excited for our continued growth.
Here is who you are...
- You have the drive to learn and grow in a sheet metal environment
- You have the ability to perform repetitive work
- You are comfortable with heights and working on ladders
- You are able to lift up to 50lbs and work on feet for up to 8 hours
- You have the ability to work with others and independently on tasks as assigned
- You have a Red Seal Sheet Metal Ticket or actively enrolled in the Sheet Metal Program
Things you will do...
- Assemble sheet metal parts by fitting and joining them together and installing ductwork and fittings to residential and commercial spaces.
- Coach and lead apprentices on best practices for sheet metal work
- Safely utilize hand tools and power tools
- Handle and store plumbing supplies and materials
- Follow appropriate safety practices to access installations and when using ladders, other access ways, handrails, barriers, trench supports, scaffolding and mechanical lifts (if trained/licensed)
- Follow established employment and safety policies and procedures
- Read and interpret various types of construction/installation diagrams
- Follow written and verbal instructions in the workplace, on construction sites and trade school environments
- Communicate and interact with others in an appropriate fashion in the workplace, on construction sites and in trade school environments
- Perform other duties as required